View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Why complicate things while the Buddhas' Teaching can be summarised in one verse

Dhammapada

Verse 183: Not to do evil, to cultivate merit, to purify one's mind - this is the Teaching of the Buddhas.

I feel we often lose ourselves in details pondering the Buddha's words, while actually it can be all quite simple, if we want to.
    Tags: dhammapada Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Does anybody have a suggestion as to an antedote to heartbreak?

Hi all, after practicing for who knows 3 years or so I have dealt with all sorts of emotions. There is one mother- @!%$&* that keeps on reassurting itself. It drains my energy. Sometimes I am not even aware that it is in the background. I have at times successfully assuaged it through compassion practice etc.. Also letting it in. Sometimes just ignoring it as I go about my business. For awhile I was actually at peace with it until I met somebody. Long story.

As a result I have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Say Hello to My New Friend, Anna Tah

It's Saturday morning, a but past midnight NY time. A 56 year-old-woman is typing on her father's couch, which she has been sleeping on since she moved into her 89 year old father's one bed apartment following of her fiancé's death about 2 1/2 years ago. She has her headphones turned up as high as they can, listening to Beethoven's 9th Symphony. To her, it's message is about universal love - no matter what your circumstance. For the moment, she appears peaceful - having lost patience with trying ...

Updated 17th-December-2016 at 06:12 PM by Brenne Meirowitz

Categories
    Meditation , Music
  4. What If A Dragon Chases You!

It was a long time ago. I joined a 5day meditation retreat at one temple. I happened to hear about a story of a lady, who did not join out retreat but was there to see a monk for counselling.
    Her problem was in her meditation, came a dragon and chases her after. As that symptom persisted, she finally got paranoid.

It was far later when I was in Myanmar, that I happened to hear about her again from one of my fellow participating the meditation retreat there.
    Virtually, ...
    Categories
    General Buddhism
  5. Is Dharma Perfect?

One thing that I have been continuously bombarded with by my life, is disappointment. From one disappointment after another, it seemingly looks endless.
    I am bound to get disappointed because I always was looking for perfectness, the perfectness in everything.
    In that sense, I don’t think I am alone at all. I am sure that many of you share the same suffering, it is just a matter of difference in degree of such expectation.

Nowadays, I am realizing the root of all my ...
    Categories
    General Buddhism
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast