• Recent Blog Entries

• Blog Comments

Mara Pacers

Thoughts on attachment

Greetings and thank you Jarrath, and yes Jerrod is absolutely right, I believe it too :) Ajahn Brahm has given examples of this as well. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. With...

Mara Pacers 24th-February-2017 11:43 AM
    Jerrod Lopes

Thoughts on attachment

Welcome, Jarrath. I am glad that you are finding use abd comfort here. I agree with our view regarding the possibilities of stream entry in lay-life as I am certain Mara does. Be well.

Jerrod Lopes 24th-February-2017 05:10 AM
    Jarrath Boll

Thoughts on attachment

It is comforting to read your revelations. I am new to this forum and find myself looking for those who are committed to liberation beyond what seems the norm for laypeople. In contrast to...

Jarrath Boll 23rd-February-2017 08:41 PM
    Mara Pacers

Thoughts on attachment

Thank you for your kind words Marcia and Jerrod :) May you find peace and happiness and loose the burdens that cause suffering... That goes for me too lol and for everyone else as well :D

Mara Pacers 22nd-February-2017 09:09 AM
    Jerrod Lopes

Thoughts on attachment

Congratulations on you relief and the insights that lead to it. I am joyful for your having this experience. Be well.

Jerrod Lopes 22nd-February-2017 07:02 AM
    Marcia Beloved

Thoughts on attachment

Wow! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. Mind as the chief leads the way. It is inspiring to me as a lay person that the arising of wisdom and the peelling away of ignorance is not confined to the...

Marcia Beloved 22nd-February-2017 05:59 AM
  • Donate Centre Expenses

• Books

by Published on 11th-February-2011 07:56 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Books
    Article Preview

I recently purchased all three currently available editions of Canon translations (BPS/Wisdom) for my Kindle (I also have the paper editions) via amazon.com. The Kindle (or its equivalent app on other device e.g iPad) has an excellent search and annotation functions.

I was listening to a sutta discussion by Ven Dhiravamso last night when he mentioned Anathapindika, one of the Buddha's great lay supporters, and said that he was described many times in the Canon. I decided to test this and opened up my Kindle Majjhima Nikaya and searched -- within a second I found 98 search results that I could immediately access. Some mentions were in the commentaries, but still that was a very amazing primer on the man. (Also chapter 9 of "Great Disciples of the Buddha" is devoted to him -- if by some chance you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it).
    by Published on 10th-February-2011 06:58 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Books
    Article Preview

One way to help solidify or spark an interest in meditation practice by children is to help teach them about Buddhism and the story of the Buddha. I think that forms a solid basis for showing the benefits of meditation, and also makes it less easy for children to rebel against meditation as "just something weird my mom or dad does." Here are some of my favorites -- all purchased and test-driven at home over the years... ...