Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deceptive site warning

Chrome is supposed to update itself. i checked my version and it says it is up to date. I have been using Chrome for quite awhile with no alterations from my end but chrome may have changed something with their automatic updates. I tried Firefox and it is displaying the warning as well. IE still okay.
    “Here are roots of trees, here are empty huts – practice jhana! Do not be negligent! Do not regret it later!” - Buddha

Administrator/ 5 Precept Keeper Senior Member Jerrod Lopes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I updated Chrome yesterday and have no issues. I will, however, let PJ know. This site is slated to be replaced, so I am not certain much will be done housekeeping wise with this one much, if any, longer. Just be advised. Thanks.

I tried to open it in Chrome and it (Chrome) told me also, that this page is under "phishing suspicion" and wouldn't let me open the site (I use Kaspersky Internet Security). Normally I use Mozilla though and there is no problem there.

Blog Entries
    Mine occurs with an older version of safari as well as chrome

Blog Entries
    Well it's pretty obvious we're not a scam site, though I will caution people to be aware of getting emails and messages from strangers asking to help you get in touch with page admin, etc. Until, and if, we figure this out, business as usual. The worst that could happen would be hackers bring the site down like they did 5 or 6 years ago.

Blog Entries
    Are you all going through the bswa main page, or are you navigating via the link I left you?

When I navigate hrough the main page via Chrome, I get the same message. This is not how I normally get to this site though.

https://bswa.org/ seems okay
    “Here are roots of trees, here are empty huts – practice jhana! Do not be negligent! Do not regret it later!” - Buddha

I normally get into this page via a shortcut on my browser... and this is the address:
    http://www.dhammaloka.org.au/community/activity.php?
    no problems with Mozilla when I do that. But as I said: I could not open this same address on Chrome.

Hi everyone

So sorry I've been tardy with the forum, I've been busy with other BSWA duties, but that's no excuse.

The issue is due to an expired certificate - we are no longer maintaining dhammaloka.org.au. I have been meaning to move us to a better forum on bswa.org. I'll get on to it as soon as I can.

Thank you everyone for persisting and I'll keep you updated.

Much metta PJ