Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens with the forum?

What happens with the forum?

I wonder, if there is still no link from the Dhammaloka HP to this forum, which means, letting it "die on the long arm", as Germans would say. Nobody new comes into the forum and less and less gets posted?

wondering,
    Ruth

Hello Ruth, I believe soon....

PJ posts on the main site:
    https://bswa.org/google-chrome-warni...oka-community/
    Some people have reported that Google Chrome has flagged our community as a deceptive site.
    The reason for this is because of an expired certificate.

Please be assured that we have not had any attacks or compromises.
    We are in the process of upgrading and moving our community over to bswa.org, and hopefully it won’t be long before we launch something bigger and better...

Blog Entries
    I suppose we also need a couple of new moderators as well.

I've missed the fellowship of this site, and hope it is not too long before the next one is developed and running.

.. that is true.... and I do visit these forums almost daily - and I suppose silently join the conversation..
    I sure would miss the contributions of the old Admin. I can also appreciate that the "background" work would have been quite a lot as well.....

Re fellowship:
    https://suttacentral.net/en/sn45.2

“Not so, Ānanda! Not so, Ānanda! This is the entire holy life, Ānanda, that is, good friendship, good companionship, good comradeship. When a bhikkhu has a good friend, a good companion, a good comrade, it is to be expected that he will develop and cultivate the Noble Eightfold Path.

“And how, Ānanda, does a bhikkhu who has a good friend, a good companion, a good comrade, develop and cultivate the Noble Eightfold Path? Here, Ānanda, a bhikkhu develops right view, which is based upon seclusion, dispassion, and cessation, maturing in release. He develops right intention … right speech … right action … right livelihood … right effort … right mindfulness … right concentration, which is based upon seclusion, dispassion, and cessation, maturing in release. It is in this way, Ānanda, that a bhikkhu who has a good friend, a good companion, a good comrade, develops and cultivates the Noble Eightfold Path.

Administrator/ 5 Precept Keeper Senior Member Jerrod Lopes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't stand the suffering! : )

A suggestion:

Email any forum friends you may have and assure them that Chrome is just doing it's job, but that the problem is just a matter of expired security certificates. There is also the fact that a lot of the "backbone members" left and formed their own group. For now, this digi-temple still stands. Don't let it go, unless of course it causes you much suffering. I miss you all!
    : )

Administrator/ 5 Precept Keeper Senior Member Jerrod Lopes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PS
    Thank you Mahisha for the compliment and the nice message you sent. Be well! : )

Blog Entries
    Chrome won't let me get past the security warnings. But I have found edge does. I haven't found any other way of getting onto the site, apart from using the edge browser.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Jerrod

So nice to see you again I hope you are well and happy!

with metta

Mara

I use Chrome, and can get by like this:

On the first red screen, click "DETAILS" (bottom left)

On the next screen click "visit this unsafe site." (second paragraph)

Sometimes this will let you through. But sometime you have to repeat it 3 times, but it will eventually bring up Dhammaloka.
    “Here are roots of trees, here are empty huts – practice jhana! Do not be negligent! Do not regret it later!” - Buddha

Blog Entries
    Thank you Ed