Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meditation in the Way of a seeker of Dhamma

Blog Entries
    I don't think the quotes are from the Herman Hesse novella called 'Siddartha'. It may be that the author Bradley keeps posting, was inspired by some of the thoughts in that work of fiction, but that is about it.

Administrator/ 5 Precept Keeper Senior Member Jerrod Lopes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes. I read it many years ago and found it confusing. I re-read it later and found it entertaining, but missing the mark. It left me with the impression that Hess had only an intellectual grasp of dhamma, but little or no fruitful practical experience.

Hi Mara, You have the right to believe in what you believe, its fine with me. But I am unable to understand why you are agitated over what I believe in and my expressing them. If someone wants to accept or reject them, so be it. We are all different, there is nothing wrong with it because that is the way of the world. Only when we learn to accept the fact we are all different, we can live in harmony in this world obsessed with religions. Trying to impose one’s beliefs on others is a dangerous game the outcome of which is evident everywhere. It was same then and it is the same now. There is no denying, religion is a power base similar to politics and anyone who dares to obstruct its course is shown no mercy. The history of the world, as well as its current events, reveal to us its hidden agenda.
    Stuck in a world of duality where right and wrong are inseparable and looking for nothing but all things ‘Right’ as specified in their ‘noble 8 fold path’ the Buddhist have been going around in circles lost and confused searching for a way out of suffering for thousands of years and yet unaware the ‘Middle Way’ revealed by Siddhartha to go beyond duality, is not the ‘8 fold path’. What a sad situation. I can certainly understand their ignorance. Thanks and best regards. Bradley.

Thank you Mara, thank you Jerrod...

Bradly, thank you - for that.
    Wish you had posted that response before - instead of sending a few of us around the mulberry bush, including the Ven.
    But nothing lost here, as those answers are and will be useful.

Please correct me if my assumption / presumption is wrong, but, you didn't join this forum to ask questions, but, to teach from the very onset?

You are free to chose what you want to follow.
    However, kindly, should you chose to post, here or elsewhere, I'd like to invite you to be honest and open about your intentions and views: that you believe Buddhists have got it wrong, and confused etc - and then go on to say what you want to say?
    That way, when you use the name Siddhartha - we can know that you may not be referring to Gotama, a one said to be a Samma Sambuddha.

Seekers are looking for the truth - I would assume / presume that they would also want to be 100.0000% open and honest when they speak / write?
    A simple sentence should be good enough
    "I Bradly West believe that the Buddhist have been going around in circles lost and confused - and have found another / different Siddhartha that may be able to help, and this is what he says...."

Mahisha

Blog Entries
    This forum is for those who wish to learn about Theravada Buddhism. While there is a lot of room given for different views, it is run by, and for, a Theravada Buddhist organization. It is a private website open to the public, conditionally.

Nobody has stepped up and taken administrative responsibility for the site content and flow, so it falls to me, willingly and happily to issue a ban on proselytization (spelling?) of widely differing views from that of the intent of this website. In plain language: get your own site, design it, and pay for the domain, upkeep, etc... if you want to spread a different message. Differing views are welcome in the normal discourse of forum business, but this is taking unfair advantage of this site and it's membership. Furthermore, articles with links to sites with similar message will also be a violation of this new rule. Violation of this rule can be met with consequences leading up to, and including permanent ban from the site. Just in case I forgot something, there are no loopholes. I will be the sole decision maker regarding any and all of this until the site goes dark or someone replaces me.
    This thread will now be closed, as will all similar threads.
    PS But feel absolutely free to create a private group on this site for these discussions. That will be quite OK.

Blog Entries
    The end.....