Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the Five Buddhist Precepts Online

Administrator Senior Member Bo Schafers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile Taking the Five Buddhist Precepts Online

If you'd like to formally take the Five Buddhist Precepts you can overcome the tyranny of distance by not having to travel to a monastery: take them online.

The 5 precept ceremony is located here. Furthermore you can come back to this thread and make a post that you have done so. Your post will go into the que until Ajahn Brahmali publishes it. By publishing it he endorses, blesses and encourages your action. Additionally, your forum profile will be updated to identify that you are now 5 Preceptor. If you are already following the 5 precepts, perhaps taken with Sangha elsewhere, and you would like this shown in you profile you can post as well.

Lastly, should you ever wish to become a full member of the Buddhist Society of Western Australia (more info here) then taking the 5 precepts in this way is equivalent to the written declaration normally required.

Important: this thread is not a discussion thread! (5 Precepts posts only, please comment/discuss elsewhere, like here)

5 Precepts Keeper/Moderator Senior Member Jo Tummers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I took the 5 Precepts here in the Netherlands before a Theravada monk on May 30, 2010.

Metta, Jo

I have finally taken the five precepts, thank you for providing this service.

5 Precepts Keeper Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have taken the Five Buddhist Precepts!

Thank you very much for this wonderful service.

With metta.

Administrator/ 5 Precept Keeper Senior Member Jerrod Lopes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have formally taken the Five Precepts here. Thank you.

Jerrod Lopes

5 Precepts Keeper New Member
    Thank you for this opportunity.
    I have taken the refuge/the five precepts here

Most Buddhist group in my area seem to be Zen or Tibetan (if there are any at all), so I am glad to find a "modern Theravada" one here. I was hesitant to register, though, as I don't like appearing on the i-net in clear name, but your service of allowing me to take refuge online has been incentive enough, to register after all.

Metta,
    Astrid

5 Precepts Keeper Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have taken the Five Percepts online as well. Thank you and thank Bo for the encouragement.

Metta,
    Daniel

I received the five precepts today. It has been several years since I stopped living under any Buddhist precepts and I've been wanting to make a more formal commitment, but I wanted to wait until it was with a group I felt a strong connection with. I was happy to see this online option while browsing your website this morning and promptly followed the instructions, thereby (at least in my mind) more formally re-entering the Buddhist fold. Thank you for putting this online ceremony together.

Erik

I have taken Refuge and the Five Precepts

Dear Venerable ones,

I have taken Refuge and taken the Five Buddhist Precepts here online. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

With metta,
    Thomas

It's official! I too have taken the five precepts. Thank you so much for providing the means to do so.

With metta,
    Kyle